IAI is looking for a Developer to develop on our Elasticsearch platform using Python and other coding languages, as part of our supporting projects at DHS. The qualified candidate will work as part of an agile development team performing hands-on development of the solution. Successful candidates will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing data models, index strategies, storage strategies, ingesting/indexing processes, transforming/normalizing data to common standards, enriching data upon ingest and upon querying, creating queries against large scale data sets (Several GB to > 1 TB), and developing visualizations. Project requires US citizenship. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Query data to include aggregations, calculations, and producing metrics from data as code.
- Develop data pipelines to include ETL and streaming data such as log data or tool/sensor data to indexes. Utilizes experience with ELK (Elasticsearch, Kafka, Logstash), Beats, and/or Elasticsearch python libraries preferred.
- Provide expert level expertise with hands on configuration, tuning and operating of distributed data storage stacks. Open source tools including Kafka, Logstash, Beats, Elasticsearch, or Kibana preferred.
- Develop Python code through a CI/CD process.
- Design and implement data visualizations. Experience with Kibana preferred
Qualifications, Education, Knowledge, and Technical Skills:
- Elasticsearch – 3 years required
- Elastic Certified Engineer certification (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in computer science, engineering, information science or a related technical discipline
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Contributor to open source projects
- Elastic Certified Engineer is preferred
- Experience with code repositories, especially Git/GitHub and Git workflows
- Experience with software APIs and how they function
- Ability to manage encryption standards and provide data security
- Experience with Elastic Common Schema or Splunk Common Information Model
- Understand current cyber exploits, attack methodology, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products including COTS and open source, preferred
- Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure), preferred
- Understanding of machine learning, and it’s use in anomaly detection, preferred
- Experience evaluating new methodologies and technologies to meet requirements and deliver capabilities, preferred
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates who are full US Citizens eligible for a basic background check.